Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Here is one of Enrique and my favorite recipes. It's super easy and has only a few ingredients.

Ingredients:
1 lb. baking potatoes, cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 c. milk
3 slices of bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided (I just buy bacon pieces)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 Tbsp. sliced green onions, divided
1/4 c. sour cream

Instructions:
-Place cubed potatoes in large microwaveable bowl; microwave on high for 5 mins., stirring after 2-1/2 mins.
-Add broth and milk to bowl & stir.
-Microwave on high 10 mins., stirring after 5 mins.
-(I usually do an addition 5 minutes)
-Crush potatoes with a potato masher.
-Reserve 2 Tbsp. each of the bacon and cheese and 1 Tbsp. of the onions for topping; set aside.
-Add remaining bacon, cheese, and onions to soup.
-Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese, onions, and sour cream.

See! It's super easy! I usually serve the soup with garlic bread. YUM-O!

This is what my finished product looked like:
Photobucket

No comments: