I just got back from Austin, yesterday, from visiting my family. As I was driving into town on Thursday morning Enrique called me to tell me not to take 183 because a plane had crashed into one of the buildings along that road. It had happened just 30 minutes before I had got there. It was such a crazy thing to watch on the news and it was happening just 15 minutes away from my parent's house. When I drove back yesterday I took 183 and passed the building. I had such an eerie feeling passing the building. It was so close to the road and all the windows were broken and the blinds were blowing in the breeze. It was surreal. The frontage road was still closed off and there were cops all over the area. Then on the other side of the road there were a bunch of people out taking pictures. This was all way to close to home.
On a happier note, all my grandparents were in town and Capri got to meet my dad's mom for the first time. Capri actually got a lot of new clothes, including an Easter dress, from her great grandma and her Cranna (my mom). It was a really fun weekend. My sister was there, too, and I hadn't seen her since Christmas.

My grandma, Capri, My dad, and Me

Mother and son, with Capri

Grandma and Capri right before she left
My dad playing with Capri
(sorry it's a so dark)
Here are a few random photos that I thought I would share.

Capri trying out a sippy cup for the first time.

Capri during her nap today. The lamb she has is actually a noise maker that we always turn on for her when she sleeps. It makes a lot of different sounds but we usually put it on the sound of the ocean. Recently she has started to pick it up and play with it. I guess today she just wanted a cuddle buddy. :) LOVE her!



No comments:
Post a Comment