It's been a long time since I've posted so I thought I would do a quick post on food!
Every Sunday/Monday I stress out about making a meal plan for the week. I'm actually the picky eater between Enrique and me (which I hate to admit). Enrique always says he wants spaghetti, which I quickly shoot down because that's what we survived on in college.
So I saw a cool idea on pinterest yesterday where someone blogs about what they are making every week to give everyone ideas of what to cook. It has all the links to find the recipes and ingredients. Pretty great idea I think!
Monday: I made home made Chicken Strips with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli. (We love broccoli around here because that's the only vegetable Capri gobbles up). We always make this recipe and Capri likes it and so do we. We use it as a go to meal when we don't know what to cook.
Tuesday: Today we are having Pioneer Woman's Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce. I'm using whole wheat bow tie pasta instead of the curly pasta she uses. Then we are putting it over Central Market Spring Mix salad.
Tonight I also busted out the 'ol bread maker and have some cinnamon rasin bread going. I love me some carbs!
I've never made the next three recipes so maybe we can try them together.....
Wednesday: I'm making Turkey Chili Taco Soup (from SkinnyTaste.com) but putting it in the crock pot so I don't have to mess with it since it's a church night. I'm going to add fresh squeezed lime juice and avocados to it and serving it with yummy organic tortilla chips. (This recipe is similar to Paula Dean's taco soup recipe [which I've made before], so I'll see which one I like better).
Thursday: I saw a friend on Facebook say she made Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy and liked it so I showed the recipe to Enrique and he approved. I'll serve it with mashed potatoes and a salad.
Friday: We might have this meal during the weekend because sometimes we go out on Friday but I will be making Mongolian Beef served with Broccoli.
Let me know if you've had any of these and which one(s) you like. I hope this helps someone in the future or at least gives you some future meal plan ideas. Happy Cookin'!
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Love this Bekah!!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to try these recipes. Wish you would do my meal list every week for me! Ha! I dread making one but it is always SO wonderful when I do. I needed this today. :)
I'm glad I could help!
Bekah,
You left a comment on my blog about the headband pattern. I answered it there, but wanted to post here too in case you didn't see it. NO NEED TO START OVER. You are fine! Just decrease, always on those middle stitches, back down to your original CO, and you should be fine. The pattern is very flexible and forgiving. You can change your CO or change the length and/or width to suit your head size. :)
---Tif
Post a Comment