Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 18, 2012

Saying Goodbye to the Jacobson Farm

The first weekend in May, Capri and I traveled to Williston, North Dakota to visit my grandparent's farm. It will be my last time seeing the farm and it was Capri's first time seeing it. Heartbreaking.

I wish Capri could grow up with the experiences I had there-- riding horses, playing in the basement, checking on cattle, sledding, shooting gophers, fishing, 4 wheeling, ect.

My grandparents are selling their farm because of the oil boom that hit North Dakota. The town is no longer a small quiet town. It's now a busy, dangerous place. That land around the farm isn't recognizable any more because of all the new oil rigs and man camps. It's sad seeing the little town being chewed up and spit out.

But it was good seeing my cousins that I haven't seen in years. It's sad living in the south when all your family lives up north and you never get to see them. But it's so good when you finally get to see them again after so long.

Here's our trip in pictures:

Photobucket
We got to see cousin Sara at the Minneapolis Airport
while waiting for our next flight. LOVE her. We
almost didn't make it back through security.

Photobucket
My grandparent's house


Photobucket
Capri found a buffalo

Photobucket
Picking flowers outside of the house

Photobucket
Checking out the horses.

Photobucket
Kid size bench

Photobucket
Cousins are fun

Photobucket
Ara checking out the old Chevy

Photobucket
Old combine

Photobucket
Old wagon

Photobucket
Sami and Capri on the wagon

Photobucket
Grandpa and his prized tractor

Photobucket
The sky looked HUGE

Photobucket
Old tractor and you can see some oil rigs in the background. :(

Photobucket
Cousins reading to Capri

Photobucket
My uncles getting loud (I guess that's where I get it from)

Photobucket
Playing spoons. It got really intense.

Photobucket
Making ice cream.

Photobucket
Capri took this picture of Sami

Photobucket
Capri was having too much fun and zonked out.

Photobucket
Chatin' it up at the cabin dining hall.

Photobucket
The only group photo we managed to get after half
the people already left. :/

Photobucket


Photobucket
Another old combine.

Photobucket
On our way back to Bismarck there were
TONS of wind turbines. It was really neat.

Hopefully we can get the whole family back together again soon. We were missing 4 cousins so hopefully next time we can all make it.


2 comments:

JC said...

This just made me want to cry! I completely know how you feel. I felt the same way about my family in Northern California and wanted my kids to have some of those same special experiences I did. Glad you and Capri got to go! Miss you Bekah!!!

JC said...

Great pics!!